WU English Academic Presentation Contest: One Health for One Healthy Community
Internationalization Skills are currently more important, especially when we approach in the 21st century world. English is very important role as the Global Language that is used to communicate in the world society and is reached people in the world. So, interdisciplinary students in health sciences need to practice and enhance their English skills in 4 skills, listening, speaking, reading and writing for approaching to their professional fields.
One Health is a concept that recognizes the relationship between the health of people, animals and the environment that are related as one. It has the important goal to strengthen interdisciplinary collaboration of all sectors and levels to lead to holistic wellness. For that reason, One Health is an idea to help students in interdisciplinary health sciences and integrate access to academic knowledge, skills and communicate to society to work together to the holistic well-being.
One Health is a collaborative, multispectral, and transdisciplinary approach with the main goal of achieving optimal health outcomes. One Health acknowledges that the health of people, animals and our shared environment are interconnected. In recent years, One Health has become even more important as many factors have changed the interactions between people, animals, plants and our environment. The One Health approach can:
- Prevent outbreaks of zoonotic disease in animals and people.
- Improve food safety and security.
- Reduce antibiotic-resistant infections
- Improve human and animal health
- Improve public health conditions globally
Therefore, in order to support and motivate students/interdisciplinary students in health sciences at Walailak University and universities across the country have practiced and increase their knowledge and academic skills and English language skills, the organizer has organized English Academic Presentation Contest in order to build up friendship between the faculties/schools in health sciences and universities in Thailand.
- To increase knowledge and academic skills in health, one for students.
- To increase knowledge and 4 skills of English: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- To create good relations between faculties of health sciences and universities in Thailand.
- To provide the opportunities for competition among the students at the higher education level.
The college has organized WU English Academic Presentation Contest: One Health for One-Healthy Community project on Saturday, September 24, 2022, our college organized the WU English Academic Presentation Contest: One Health for One Healthy Community via Zoom meeting for students in health sciences, has presented academic knowledge under the concept of “One Health”.
- Create projects and set up working groups
- Public relations to faculties of health sciences in universities across the country
- Faculty of Health Sciences in various universities submit the name list of teams and English abstract not more than 200 words with the following details:
- Students form a team of 3 persons
- Student teams can mix and match faculties
- It took 1 week to select the abstract.
- Selected 10 teams of students from the qualifying round for the final round.
- Team of students prepare the presentation as the power point presentation to present for 10 minutes.
- Organize the final round through the ZOOM meeting, each team has 10 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes of answering time after the presentation for 10 teams.
- Announcing the award to the competing teams and The College would like to congratulate the award recipients as follows:
- The winner is Mee Kua Lok team from Veterinary Program, Chulalongkorn University
- The 1st runner-up award is The Beetle team from School of Medicine, Walailak University
- The 2nd runner-up award is One Health One Jai Team from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chulalongkorn University and NPT team from Akkhraratchakumari Veterinary College, Walailak University
- Consolation prize is AVC Blossoms from Akkhraratchakumari Veterinary College, Walailak University
- Best Presenter Award is Miss Nogah Pfeifer from Akkhraratchakumari Veterinary College, Walailak University and Mr. Nutchanon Imduan from School of Medicine, Walailak University